Monday, May 7, 2012

Seek and You shall Find


“Seek and You shall Find”

Winds of His Glory
Seek ~ a word that I had grown to familiar in these past several weeks with the house hunting journey.  This by far was a stretch for me to go through the many emotions in the adventures of this transition.

It is Not something that I want to go around the mountain with this again either. I kept going around the mountain during these past several weeks because I was being held back by stuff. Stuff, extra stuff to which I didn’t need nor used in a while that was holding back the best of what God has for me.

The Lord wanted to Free me from the extra baggage, the extra weight I was carrying before I entered my promise land. Getting rid of the old to make ready for the New was now a New thing for me. It was both a physical and spiritual of getting rid of the extra stuff. Learning that I was holding unto the past to which held me down. Letting go of fears and failures freed me to move forward.

Blessed House
The Lord already showed me in the beginning the place to which I was to live for the New adventure in the promise land ( As this place had all the right stuff expect for it was too small), but I wasn’t ready in the beginning as in the beginning I didn’t want to let go of my stuff. I didn’t want to make too many more changes in this move; I wanted to stay in the realm of my comfort zone in my sanctuary of living, but to stay their meant I couldn’t do the New that God had in store for me.  So I found myself in full circle and finally surrendered.

This change to downsize has only just started, but I feel better. I hear in my heart that my family will even grow closer as we will be closer in our living space.  And go places together that God knew we loved.

I was seeking, and in the process God was already showing me. He has always been faithful. He promised that he would not leave me nor forsake me. It just took me to lay down my wants in exchange for His wants for me. For God knows best. I kept praying let your will be done. Well He answered that prayer and he is still answering it.

These scriptures have been recent reminders this past week:


Matthew 6:33

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.

Seek the Kingdom

(I have been seeking him,going hard after God,and though I didn't want to move right now, I see his plan unfold. He knew before I did, He fullfilled the desires of my heart more than what I asked for.)



Matthew 7:7-8~
“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.For everyone who asks receive; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.


 

Scriptures through this journey of Seeking to which the words came up quite often that the Lord use to encourage me has been Jeremiah 29:11-14



11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile.”

To which this portion of scripture I kept falling back too; you will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.I will be found by you,” declares the Lord, “and will bring you back from captivity.

I understand that this is in relation to seeking the Lord, Drawing near to him, as He is easily found. He doesn't try and hide in himself and make it all that difficult to make you work harder at finding him.
In my case, He had already showed himself in this process of the move, of finding a house, but it was what I wanted to see. I was seeing through a fog because I was ignoring the change to which I didn't want to partake in.
Thankful that God closed the doors on previous places, and quickened me Not to take others that I saw. Like a Parent who knows best for their kids when buying them a gift or feeding them the right foods, the child benefits the rewards of health and safety.
My reward is just that. And I'm grateful that I have a God who loves me.


He can do the same for you too. Have you been seeking him, and feel like you haven't found him yet in your own circumstance? Just know that God is always with you. He will make it easy to be found, like the game of Hide and Seek and You see that the parent sticks His foot out as the young child goes and looks for Him. So it is with God. Sometimes to move forward, you also need to make some changes.

 I encourage you Not to give up because God hasn’t given up on you. Rest in Him knowing that you too will also make it through this. I was living in the Valley for far too long. Now it was time to be in the Sun rise of my new beginning.  What will become of this I don’t know, but I believe for big. I still dream BIG. And Allow God to take my dreams to turn them to His Way to Reality.

 

I sought, and thankfully have finally found.


With a Grateful heart, I look forward to the New.

 
For some works posted on each blog, you can now purchase it through www.Elijahlist.com
For Updates; You can go to www.4himpaintings.com or become a Fan on FaceBook/4himpaintings. Or Join me at twitter/4himpaintings


Seek and you shall find,

Letting go of the Old to make room for the NEW~

Kingdom Artist,

4himpaintings
Jen Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keys to the Kingdom- Artist Jen Page "Keys to the Kingdom" "You are my beloved child in whom I am well pleased. You have an i...