Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Called out- New Identity

Called out- New Identity

This week I was doing a study on the actions of Jesus and what He did that Changed a culture. Several things did stand out. But one that resonated with me was Jesus changing Peter's name.  In fact, Jesus did not wait to even get to know him, befriend him, He just called out A NEW Identity.

*Simon – Peter: God has heard – rock. On his own Peter was not a rock. He ran hot and cold depending on the circumstances. With the Holy Spirit, however, Peter became the stabilizing influence for the new church. (John 1:42)

Calling out a NEW Identity is not new to God. We see this in Scriptures of God calling out Abram to Abraham. And When He called out a New Identity, So did a shift happened. And the Prophetic promise to Abraham was made manifest in the fact He became a Dad. And it was to the original state of His One flesh with Sarah. Has God also changed Her name as well to be apart of this prophetic promise.

Friend of God
*Abram – Abraham: high father – father of many. At the time, Abram wasn't father of anyone directly, although he was the patriarch and acting father of his clan. God changed his name as a sign of His promise that Abraham would be the father of many nations. (Genesis 17:5)

*Sarai – Sarah: my princess – mother of nations. Despite Sarah's doubts, God intended her to be the mother of many nations as well. (
Genesis 17:15)
Jacob was another example in the fact God Changed the name of Jacob for God's Glory.:

*Jacob – Israel: supplanter – he who has the power of God. Jacob rose to position by manipulating his brother into giving him his firstborn birthright and then tricking his father, Isaac, into giving him the firstborn blessing. God wanted to make it clear that it was He who gave Israel power and position, not his own conniving ways. (Genesis 32:28)


Then We see other places in the Bible written in Judges chapters 6 through 8 where God Called out Gideon. Gideon grew to believe one way, and lived in fear and hiding in the shadows. And within His tribe, and His clan and His family he was considered the lowest of them all in the identity related to family origin. Yet God chose him and called out a NEW identity. 

He spoke this new identity to him. He Spoke already how God sees him, not how man sees him. And with that New information, Gideon became transformed and was changed into what God called him to be.

Either being renamed or called out a new identity of what they are capable of, When this was spoken, this then created life. And something was made NEW, Something was born New.
Our words do carry weight. As it is written about what words can do:

James 3:5
So also the tongue is a small part of the body, and yet it boasts of great things See how great a forest is set aflame by such a small fire!

Proverbs 18:21

The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.

We can call out a new thing in other people. In Our kids, In Our spouses, in our friends, and even strangers.

Tree of Life
Not to call something out by manipulation of what you want, but rather what is in a potential of a person. Speaking life and seeing those words take rout in them. The roots then grow and become a Tree. A Tree of life.

We can be a person that can plant seeds of life into others. We can call things out in people of which things were dead in them, and call it out into being  things that were not there before. We can change a person's life by the power of our words.

As it is written: “I have made you a father of many nations.” He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed—the God who gives life to the dead and calls into being things that were not.~ Romans 4:17

See and Decree
An example in my own life. When I was growing up, I was affected words. Words was a target the enemy had used against me by others over the years. Yet there was those times, God would use others to encourage me. My parents were examples of this great encouragement. They always spoke life into me. They spoke one of my gifts and my Dad in particular would say to me growing up that I was an artist. and that I was going to be a great artist someday. I would hear him speak this over me many times. His words did not fully grow into a tree of life until I was in my mid 20's after being married with kids that God took a hold of those words my Dad spoke over me and told me he wanted me to be His Artist.

With No degree in art. And only what I learned in some things in grade school and high school over the years, did I took that word by faith and began walking that word out. God honored my dad's word spoken over me over the years.
As a Mom, I have learned the power of words. I love to this day encourage my kids and others. To speak life into them, knowing that all things are possible to God. And We can do all things through him.

planted
I feel God is calling us out. And He is calling us to call out the NEW Identity in the potential in others. We can be a part of changing the lives of other people by speaking life into them. And speaking out the potential in them, as our words do take root in our hearts and the hearts of others.

I encourage you today, to purposely choose to speak life into your situation. To speak life into others, especially to those to whom you have authority over.

If you had in the past only spoke out what was present in the things that were wrong, or hurt you in others, I encourage you to repent and break the power of the words that caused pain in others around you, or caused pain in you or your situation. and Today choose life. Choose a new way. Speak life into another. And Keep speaking life into them, and see a mighty NEW tree grow strong and tall and become a blessing to others to which ends up not only changing them, but eventually a neighborhood, a city, a culture.

Lets remember to see the best in others and Think on good things as such:

Philippians 2:3-4

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.

Philippians 4:8

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 


Healing Light


Kingdom Artist: Jen Page

4himPaintings.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Keys to the Kingdom- Artist Jen Page "Keys to the Kingdom" "You are my beloved child in whom I am well pleased. You have an i...